Audit and Inspections Division
The Audit and Inspections Division includes the Audit and Inspections sections.
Audit conducts risk-based audits related to the accuracy of medical provider payments; the performance of HHS agency contractors; and programs, functions, processes, and systems within the HHS system. Protocols of provider audits are periodically published on the Resources page on the OIG’s website.
Inspections conducts inspections of HHS programs, systems, and functions.
Note: Final audit reports are posted to the IG website when issued. These reports are subject to appeal upon timely, written, proper requests for appeal, as provided for in rule. These final audit reports are public records and remain posted on the website during and after an appeal.
- Rolling Audit and Inspections Plan (PDF), updated September 2020
- Audit Process Overview (PDF)
- OIG Audit Division Overview (PDF) | Print-and-fold version (PDF)
- Protocols for Texas Medicaid fee-for-service Vendor Drug Program audits (PDF)
- External quality assurance review letter (PDF), issued August 2019
- External quality assurance review letter (PDF), issued January 2017
- Resources for providers